Friday 13 November 2009

Reaching across the crochet divide

Oh so delicious but a bit too expensive!

Silk Yarn

And wonders will never cease. While chatting with Chicky Babe today I was browsing Ravelry looking at toys to make for Christmas time. I came across some Japanese manga style toys Chicky babe suddenly exclaimed. Oh Totoro!
What?
Totoro is a totally cute creature from a Japanese Manga film. So now crochet is good and I am making a set of little Totoro toys.

My Neighbor Totoro (Hayao Miyazaki, 1988)”

I can't upload a picture of the one I'm making but click here if you want to see it or if you are on Ravelry try this link.

Here's her blog of cute crocheted critters.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm not really a fan of manga/anime in general, but I love Miyazaki's artistic style. And some of those amigurumi toys are amazing! *sigh* Wish I knew how to do crochet!