Thursday 20 May 2010

Thinking of thailand

We had Thai food for tea tonight. One of the mum's in our school community is from Thailand- from Krabi actually, (our first port of call.) Anyway she's hired the school canteen on a Thursday when it is not open and she prepares and sells authentic, delicious Thai food at amazingly cheap prices.
It got me thinking about Thailand and what a lovely time we had there, such a contrast to the images on the news at the moment. The following photos were taken at the Grand Palace on our last day in Bangkok. It's not far from where one of the trouble spots.




(Posted today as this saved as a draft and wouldn't publish last night. I think there must be pixies in my lap top causing some irksome little glitches lately.)

5 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Ohhh.... how I love good Thai food. Welcome home, I'm off to read about your travels!

Anonymous said...

dekaron Top 100 Private Server

Furniture removals Melbourne said...

Thai foods are one of the best in the world. I haven't been to Thailand but I feel like I was also there with those photos.
Wonderful post!

Kirti said...

Must have been Glorious Ms Hen. I loved it there 17 years ago (GASP>>>. Love the food and the sweet locals on the isles...

Kirti said...

ta lovely and yes i will do it! how audacious are these folk leaving advertisements in the guise of comments!! HUGE pot of soup for you and BB on the ready.....