Sunday 28 February 2010

cat and the crow number 1



This picture tells a story it is one of a series of cat and crow pictures that are floating about. Although on the surface it doesn't look it it is a very sad story and I've told it it a childlike story book way because the cat was so very naive! I'm happy with the crow and the pears- not so sure about the cat as yet...

and I do plan to paint it with water colour paint. Actually as I've uploaded the image I am thinking I might do it as a lino print series....

Ooohh. I just found this Alexander henery fabric on Phat fabric. I think I need some to cover my old chair.

and maybe make some cushion covers for the couch.

6 comments:

fifi said...

I love that illustration and I love the fabric.


I would like to wear the fabric. But since I am quite cushion-like, that would be appropriate!

Red Hen (dette) said...

I thought I'd like to wear the fabric too but worried that I shouldn't- being all cushion like myself but now I see my thinking was wrong!

Jacinta said...

I love the illustration and (being a lover of lino cut and printmaking) think it would look great as a lino print.
Also love the fabric. Very striking. Must go and have a look at the site where you found it.

inkberryblue said...

Gorgeous illustration ~ I love the stylization. Look forward to seeing a lino cut. And the fabric is scrumptious!!!

Michaela said...

love the drawing, i like the cute tilt of the cats head, he looks quite cheeky! Also LOVE the fabric, I think its very cheery.
xx

Welles Tan said...

Interesting blogging!