Tuesday 4 October 2011

crocheted hats and 'smart casual'


I've been busy crocheting some hats to wear on my holiday. They go with my outfits and scarves that I've made and received as a gift for my birthday from Anki.

   

I've had fun making them up as I go. increasing until they match the size of a beret then decreasing again until it fits snugly on my head.

This photo looks like I've been punched in the eye. I assure you I have not. I do however have a cold and a  tooth ache and I am off to the dentist tomorrow. I am hoping that the darkness is from my sinusitis and that fixing my tooth might fix that too. Or maybe I need more sleep and less stress.
I am so phobic when it comes to the dentist that I have put this off and off but now I have faced the fact that it needs to be taken care of and my holiday will be all the better for it. But I am feeling quite sick with anxiety about it.

Oh we did have success with Tim's 'smart casual' attire for our trip- once I put my foot down and took him in hand and took him shopping (much to the amusement of the girls in the shop.) But I think that the effect is quite good.


2 comments:

2paw said...

They are great hats, I love the patterns and you are so clever.
Good luck at the dentist, I am glad you are going before your holiday. You will be bale to rest easy.
Nice smart casual!!!

Jacinta said...

Your trip sound amazing. Love the castle and the caravan stays... How wonderful to stay in such special places.
We will be in Barcelona on oct 18-22... if you are there at the same time and fancy a catch up, send me a message and we'll organise it. Not sure our dates will coincide.
In any case, have a lovely lovely time.
Safe travels.