Saturday 14 August 2010

A lazy day.

I spent the day being very lazy today. Although I was back at work on Thursday and Friday I felt very tired today.
I slept in until 10 o'clock. Lovely! Then I pottered about making breakfast for Chicky Babe and myself- Hot buttered crumpets and tea-Yum.
My second daughter (CB's friend) came over so I went out to buy a tiny tiny brush from the art shop and then called in to The Happy BBQ, to pick up some take away dim sum for the girls and I for lunch. Steamed Pork Buns are Chicky Babes all time favourite indulgence.
The decor here is pretty basic and the flower arrangements are wrapped in plastic wrap (why??? I don't know I'd say it's because it is easier to dust but they are pretty dusty. Can you see them on the bench?)
Anyway the food is delicious and it is always full with people lining up out the door on a Sunday.
Then I sat and worked on my painting for a while with my teeny tiny brush,. It is very nearly finished, I just have to decide what colour yarn each one will be working with.
While I thought on it I pottered in the kitchen and decided to make some pasta using spelt flour as Tim has decided wheat is not good for him. I had made some spag bol last night very basic with peas and corn as that is what Chicky Babe wanted.
The pasta took only a few minutes to make, a little longer to roll and cut but it was in my opinion well worth the trouble.
Rustic Spelt Pasta
1and 3/4 cups of spelt flour
3eggs
one very generous pinch of salt

Mix together with a knife in a large mixing bowl. Knead as the dough comes together for a few minutes. Add a sprinkle of extra flour if needed. I added about a tablespoon or two, eggs vary in size so it is tricky to be exact,plus I am not an exact cook I go by feel and instinct. Wrap in plastic wrap or damp cloth for 10 mins to rest (the dough not you it's not hard work!)
Roll pasta through pasta roller. TIP: I found that this flour was a little sticky I don't know if it was my quantities or they type of flour but I found it easier to cut the dough in small pieces and run them through the pasta roller in these smaller batches. do all of them at each number down to about the third last one.
Slice them into strips and cook in a large pot of salted boiling water for about 1 or 2 minutes according to your taste. I did a practice one first.

As I finally found the camera cord I have been able to download pictures from my camera, the last few posts have been downloaded-books or scanned my painting in the last post, I can show you my favourite things I found last week at a garage sale.
my new old mirror...
and my painting dated 1948. I love the view and the washing on the line in the front left hand corner.
 Actually now that I think about it my day wasn't that lazy after all.

4 comments:

2paw said...

So glad you found your cable!!! Oh I have a mirror just like that in my bathroom, but plain wooden colour!!! Your art is coming along nicely!!!

Jaime Leigh said...

Your art is great stuff! The paste also looks yummy indeed! I love paste of almost any kind!!!

Thanks for your sharing your opinion on school uniforms on my recent post! I really appericate the input! Thank you!

Happy Blogging!

Anki and Sassa said...

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y ! ! !

lots of love Anki
I hope you have a great day and a fantastic Birthday "month".
ps. I love that painting you found, it reminds me somehow of your house on the hill.

Anki and Sassa said...

By the way how was your Birthday? Are you waiting till the weekend to celebrate? Or did you do something tonight?