Sunday 1 August 2010

Late night cake bake...

I suddenly got the urge to bake a cake- at 11.30 tonight (well yesterday it's now 1am on Sunday)
I tried the Secret Mexican Flourless Chocolate Cake. It is simple to make - except that I had my oven on too hot and burnt the edges a bit.
It is extremely chocolaty and very rich. And surprisingly cakey for a cake with no flour at all.
 The recipe calls for 1/4 tspn of cayenne. I've never added this to a cake before but thought I'd trust the recipe and go for it, thinking to myself it is not that unusual as the Mexians put chili with chocolate so why not cayenne. It gives the cake an unusual but not unpleasant warm aftertaste which I quite like but Chicky Babe was not at all impressed!

1 comment:

2paw said...

Oh I made a mud cake with no hotness at all last night, and but for the recipient's hatred of chilli, I was thinking of adding a little to the cake!! I love that your cake's recipe is 'secret'!!