Thursday 8 May 2008

Slow and steady...

A pile of squares...



becoming a rug.


After thinking about the image from my last post (untitled- should have read "Teacup Tuesday on wednesday- again!") I was not alone in being reminded strongly of Margaret Preston's work. Then tonight as I was helping Bantam Boy polish his visual diary for his TEE art ie. checking his spelling and grammar (don't laugh! Especially those who know me without the spell checker!) I noticed his next project "Margaret Who?-research the art of Australia from 1901-1939 with particular emphasis on the women artists of the period." It looks like we will be doing some lino prints around here in the coming weeks! This is a bit of a coincidence as I have recently been here looking at some lovely lino prints and thinking about digging out my printmaking tools!

2 comments:

fifi said...

yay, lino printing. Bring it on. Never enough of it in this world.

I really love that Klimt rug, I wish I could crochet. It will be lovely!

Kirti said...

Wow MS Hen that rug looks amazing!! Yes we will still be here, we're not planning to leave until September. xx