Sunday 26 October 2008

What's the time Mr Wolf?

It's after 2am or 1am we are about to start daylight saving again. I hate daylight saving I spend the whole summer feeling jetlagged, I just don't seem to be able to settle into it. I know people will say it's just a state of mind and it's just a number but here's my justification. It gets really hot here in Perth and I don't have air conditioning at home (or work for that matter) so I rely on the Freo Doctor to cool the house down in the evening. Now it comes in about 5ish pre daylight saving and takes a while for the house to cool down so it's about 8 or so before I even feel like thinking about cooking a meal let alone eating it! with daylight savings that means we don't eat until 9:30. I am also notoriously bad at going to bed early, I am most alert and quite productive around 12am to 2am and struggle to wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 7:30 in order to get to work by 8:30 (More like waking reluctantly, pressing the snooze button and dragging myself out of bed.) So now that means I have to get up much earlier than my body really wants to. Also because of my reliance on natures cooling system I find that the coolest and therefore best part of the night for sleeping is those early hours of the morning of which we lose an hour because we have to get up! One of my friends said that it was great to have an extra hour of sunshine in the evening to go out to the pub etc. To which I replied she was obviously married because she obviously didn't have to worry about the harsh reality of sunlight, darkness is much more flattering! How am I going to get chatted up in stark dayight. It was something she had not thought about. Anyway this was not the theme of this post....
I have moved into a new phase of parenthood, I am sitting here having crocheted 3 flower necklaces while waiting for Bantam Boy to come home from a party, at which he will be consuming alcohol. He is pretty sensible and he and I had a discussion about drinking today prior to him going out. He has been at parties where he has experimented with drinking but hasn't got badly drunk. He expressed his concern about a couple of friends who have over indulged and embarrassed themselves, this is a comfort to me that he has this attitude. However I am still sitting here wondering what time he will be home (I'm not good at this I forgot to set a curfew, Tim dropped BB and his mate at the party so the other boy's mum will bring them home when they are ready. I thought it would be at a slightly more reasonable hour! Tim said they were talking about 3am!!!!) I don't think he has a key. At least he's not driving about to these things! It was a fancy dress party - Mexican theme so I made both boys a poncho to wear, they looked great. Really simple 2m of fabric with a T shape slit cut in the middle for the neck and then a fringe made by cutting 1cm strips along the bottom edges then knotting them. All 500 of them!!!!
Hmmmm now it's 2:30........what else shall I do.....

No comments: